Sunday, March 11, 2012

A. Listen to the song "Someone like you", by Adele


B. Complete the following tasks:
1. Fill in the gaps with the past of these verbs : marry, not give, give, hear (2X), settle down, find, came .
I ____________... that you're ­_____________ man
That you... _________________a girl
And you're... ____________________now
I ______________ that your dreams
_____________true
Guess she _______________ you things
I _______  ____________ to you

 2. Order these sentences:
are you so shy? why Old friend  
you to hold back It ain't like

Or the hide light from
 3.Choose the correct word:
I (hate/shape) to turn up out of the blue
Uninvited, but

I (couldn't/wouldn’t) stay away

I couldn't fight it I'd hoped
you'd see my (face/place)

And that you'd be reminded
That for me, (it/this) isn't over
4. Number in the correct order:
______Never mind I'll find
______for you too
______Someone like you
______I wish nothing but the best
 _____Don't forget me I beg
______Sometimes it lasts in love
______Sometimes it lasts in love, but
______I remember you say
______But sometimes it hurts instead
______sometimes it hurts instead, yeah

5.  Fill in the gaps with the following words: and- in – the – of – the – by – of - the 

You'd know how ____________
time flies only yesterday
Was ___________ time _________our lives
We were born _________ raised
___________a summer haze
Bound ________ __________ surprise
____________our glory days

6. Identify and cross out the word that doesn't belong in the sentence.
Nothing  is compares
No worries, or  more cares
My regrets and mistakes
They're memories made
Who would have known how much
Bittersweet this would taste me


C. Test your knowledge about the Simple Past. Click on the link below and choose the right option.


http://www.englisch-hilfen.de/en/exercises/tenses/simple_past_statements2.htm

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is amazing! You've some great job here! Congratulations and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Telma! Your blog is amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just loved the exercises that you created for Adele's song! It has everything to suceed! Great job!

    ReplyDelete